Bitter Cynical Rants from One as Snarky as Waldorf and As Sexy as Statler.

Thursday, September 18, 2003

A DAY LATE. A DOLLAR SHORT.

Ahh Jessica Simpson you are my hero. How does one so dumb become so famous? This week's episode had you baffled by the garage door opener, learning that the word is "platypus"not pantipus, and while dribbling a basketball, hitting yourself in the chin as the ball bounced to high. But alas, there was some sadness for you as well. The record company thought that your single sucked (or rather "too challenging and your fans won't be able to sing along"). And you had to go with Nick and Drew to their Grandmother's wedding in a retirement community in Cincinnati. This is where you got to see a glimpse of you and your husband's future careers, as Ralph (the 90 year old "sound technician") tried to set up the boom box and microphone. Get used to that kind of perfection, the two of you are on your way to Beniffer notoriety... At least, you were able to party with some of Nick's old friends in Ohio, this way we got to see you hung over, eating Wendy's and talking about "dropping some kids in the pool." Sheesh, this preacher's daughter from Texas is not only brilliant, she's extremely classy. Well done Nick, you definitely married up. PS. The label hated Nick's single too.

In other news, watched Jake 2.0 last evening. While Christopher Gorham will forever be known as Harrison from Popular, and the show was a geekier version of Buffy without SMG, it has to be said that it was still fairly entertaining. I'll have to keep my eye on this one. Although, I fear that I have become even less discriminating in my taste. Jake, is on the UPN. I mean c'mon, is there really a quality program on the channel?

I could feasibly also get into the premiers of Sorority Life (looked even less interesting than the last one) and Fraternity Life (well done with the D.O.C. boys, they actually seem like a real fraternity). I'll leave that for another day as I am distracted by the weathermen, who even at this hour refuse to commit to any sort of forecast regarding the next 24 hours. Isabel be damned, I have too much to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home