Bitter Cynical Rants from One as Snarky as Waldorf and As Sexy as Statler.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

The Facts of Life

The Good:

  • The private chefing world is knocking down my door. I got hired to bake a birthday cake for a party on Saturday. All I have to say is getting paid $100 for a cake - totally kickass! Clearly cake is the new pie!!
  • I was interviewed by a reporter on what it's like to be a foodie in culinary school. Will appear in an article on March 14th. The newspaper? This one.
  • On the day job front, have an interview at the end of next week for a gig here in the NYC. Oh also it'll pay me more than I'm currently making and i get three times the amount of vacation.
  • The house "rewarming" party that my co-workers are throwing me is on Sunday. Brunch and good friends - what more could a girl want?

The Bad:

  • I have injured my foot somehow - improper footwear, too many hours on my feet, walking miles with 45lbs on my back, yadda, yadda, yadda. From what I've been told, I may need surgery. Crutches. Again. This has to stop.
  • Today is March 3rd. Usually this means that I am already knee deep in the Festival of Andrea, planning many nights of debauchery (some involving strippers), eating my fair share of cadbury's creme eggs, winding up in my bed unclear as to how i got there, and having a all around sense of excitement and celebration, but alas this year it is just not so. I am yet to even have one creme egg, and given the general state of malaise that overcomes me when i have more than 5 minutes to myself, it seems hard to muster up the necessary exuberance it takes to be a full participant in the bacchinalia. It seems as though this years festival will be much like Field Day. And I'm considering my birthday this year a total wash.
  • I only have 14 more classes until I begin my externship for school. I am yet to decide where I am going to do said externship. Decisions are not my strong suit
  • The job that I will be interviewing for is not the original position I applied for. Wondering whether this is still a position I want. Also, an interview is by no means a job offer. I know there's something here about carts and horses and the order in which they should go.
  • Turns out that included in the list of things gone from the apartment are both the coffee pot (expected, it was hers) and the tea kettle (unclear as to who's it was). Coffee and Tea will be sorely missed at Sunday's brunch.

The Ugly:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home