Bitter Cynical Rants from One as Snarky as Waldorf and As Sexy as Statler.

Monday, February 07, 2005

I wonder how I bought all the lies. You said that you would treat me right but you was just a waste of time

Breaking up with someone unexpectedly is ugly. Breaking up with someone you live with unexpectedly is even uglier. Breaking up withs someone you live with who for all intents and purposes spent the last six months of your relationship lying to you is about as ugly as it gets. I'm sure this comes as no shock.

I return four nights a week at 11pm to an apartment that noone is waiting for me in. I've slowly begun to get used to it, even the fact that before I get home, she returns to the apartment to retrieve things.

There are the things that are expected: fewer clothes in the closet, some cds missing from their racks, the newspaper has stopped showing up on the doorstep.

But then there are the other things that you'd never think of, like for instance, nail clippers, which I had to go out and purchase on saturday. Yep, you read that correctly, nail clippers. Sounds silly, yes? yes, very silly indeed. But now I begin to wonder if everything that was shared, the one litter box we have for both cats, the shower curtain, the door mat will all disappear one by one while I'm at class. Its as if anything that was once deemed "ours" has magically transformed into "hers". The good news is that there is one thing she can't take away from me, which is my sheer and pure hatred for her.

The other good news is I have new nail clippers. Now I just need a new couch.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, oooh, get a couch at Funky Sofa!.
-Amy

4:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home