Bitter Cynical Rants from One as Snarky as Waldorf and As Sexy as Statler.

Tuesday, March 16, 2004

one week and counting:

Dear Faithful Readers and Newcomers,

Whereas, today, March 16th marks the official beginning of the final week of the culmination of the Festival of Andrea,
Whereas, I was out way past my bedtime with the boy who left me for San Francisco and now does yoga instead of chain smoking,
Whereas, the venti sugarfree skim vanilla latte sitting on desk is still half full
Whereas, the fabulous Ms. Mo did my taxes this weekend and it looks like I'm getting a refund big enough to cover my first month and security deposit for our upcoming move,
Whereas, my brackets are done and ready for winning me some serious cash in 3 different pools
Whereas, my favorite chief resident gave birth to a healthy baby girl yesterday
Whereas, Vin Baker just may make a difference for my knickerbockers and keep them from teetering out of the playoffs
Whereas, we get to watch Shandi cheat on her boyfriend with some Italian Stallion on America's Top Model tonight
Whereas, the Spinster has been able to express eloquently both my disdain with the L Word and my inability to stop watching it,
Whereas, Ari has flipped over a new leaf and was thoughtful enough to have her birthday during the festival,
Whereas, Amy has actually found a way to make me feel like taking a road trip to Pittsburgh
Whereas, Whitney Houston has finally gotten herself some help, and the good senor has enough wit and candor to fill a small swimming pool,
Whereas my colleague has gotten herself accepted to Gallatin and promises to introduce me to the twins in the fall,

I resolve to party my ass off, wear at least one lampshade as a chapeau, wake up in my bed and not remember how I got there, grin like crazy even through 4 inches of snow, drink at least 1 colt 45 (pouring a little out of course), figure out some way to do a little karaoke version of living on a prayer, bust out the running man, the sprinkler - and even possibly the Roger Rabbit - at the little shindiggy on Saturday night, eat some carbohydrates for a goddamned change, drunk dial ms. mo at 2am, take a road trip, play my music way too loud at my desk, and generally celebrate all the fabulous things around me that have made the first 25 years of my life kick some major ass over the course of the next week.

We here at VTB declare this next 7 days a Bachhanale, filled with joy and jose cuervo. Anyone who would like to accompany us in any or all parts is of course more than welcome. Nudity is encouraged, but not required.

Signed,

Voices from The Balcony



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home