Bitter Cynical Rants from One as Snarky as Waldorf and As Sexy as Statler.

Monday, May 03, 2004

I don't have 15 minutes of my own, can I borrow yours?

I worry, deeply worry about the state of celebrity in this country. First there was the reality TV boom - which far be it from me to judge people who have no problems looking like total asses for my enjoyment (objectification be damned, I love the shadenfreude!), but now theres this new breed of people looking for their 15 minutes - by trading on someone else's fame. With MTV's I want a famous face, and this website[thanks for the link NewYorkish]. I wonder, do people really think they can become famous by looking like somone famous? Even people that sound like famous people aren't famous - think of one tribute band, now tell me the member's names and whether or not they've ever had their covers played on the radio or their video on MTV? Imitation may be the highest form of flattery, but its not gonna make you the big bucks. You want your fifteen minutes, go eat a madagascar cockroach like everyone else!!!

Also, does anyone wonder what's wrong with Jesse Palmer? Does he think that going on the bachelor is going to do wonders for his career as a backup qb or find him a wife? Playa please, maybe you've been sacked one too many times.

As for me, I plan on getting famous the old fashioned way:
step 1: get implants
step 2: marry sleazy ex hair band member
step 3: leak tape of us tripping the light fantastic
step 4: deny, deny, deny
step 5: make sure i get hair and make-up credits for said video on IMDB
step 6: divorce sleazy ex hair band member making sure that division of assets work in my favor
step 7: have MTV cover all of this during taping of my Diary
step 8: have fling with young ingenue making everyone wish they could be so lucky
step 9: get punked

what? did you think i was arguing for talent as a merit for celebrity? I'm not that old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home