Bitter Cynical Rants from One as Snarky as Waldorf and As Sexy as Statler.

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Donna Martin Graduates!

ok, so I had the ultimate moment of feeling like I am now totally outdated. On the weekends, I moonlight as a bartender for a kosher catering company and this Saturday I had the pleasure of tending the bar at a B'Nai Mitzvah in Ridgewood, NJ. The party, which was attended by 80 kids and 70 adults, had the music provided by one of the most over the top DJs I've ever seen in my life. One of the games that they played with the "teens" was a TV trivia game. They played the theme song and the kids had to name the show, whichever kid got the song right then got asked a series of questions about that show. They played the 90210 theme and not one of the 80 kids knew what it was. Then they asked a question about the show, "Name Three Characters", they couldn't do it. It was a sad, sad moment. Followed by another pregnant pause after they played the 21 Jump Street theme.

Later in the evening the DJ chose to play "Smells Like Teen Spirit" It occurred to me that at most, these kids were 2 when this song came out. When did I get old?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home