Bitter Cynical Rants from One as Snarky as Waldorf and As Sexy as Statler.

Friday, September 26, 2003

I'M GONNA GET YOU HIGH TODAY

"I know you don't smoke no weed, but I'm gonna get you high today. Why? Cuz its Friday, you ain't got no job, you ain't got no money and you aint got shit to do" - Smokey (aks Chris Tucker)

So many things to talk about today. First of all RIP Robert Palmer 54 years young.

On the way into work this morning I had the pleasure of hearing Missy Elliot's new jam "Pass that Dutch" - not to be confused with Musical Youth's "Pass the Dutchie" although I'm sure the former is a nod to the latter. Missy Elliott could quite possibly have some of the most clever rhyme schemes to have ever passed over the airwaves. I say "Hip!Hip! Missy!" Congrats on creating another fabulous song with catchy beats (which I'm sure we all have Timbaland to thank) and funny yet brilliant lyrics. You made my commute that much better - and we're trying for as many cannabis references as possible today so thanks for helping me along with that!

To my Jewish brothers and sisters: Get your sinning done now. I feel as though the night before Rosh Hashannah should be like our own personal mardi gras, bacchanale and madonna video wrapped in one fabulous party on Ibiza. Catholics are supposed to go to confession frequently, get the hail marys and holy waters and are forgiven. Instead of breaking up our confession into smaller installments, we store all of it for one big blowout at the end of the year. We pound our hearts, and while we don't have to say hail mary's i've been told that we only have to ask for forgiveness three times, whether people forgive us or not, in the eye's of the holy one blessed be he we're fogiven. So lets party like its 1999... or 2003... or the eve of all possible destruction. Then tomorrow we repent! Anyone have a house we can use for this? Madonna?? You're a new Jew, its only fair we use your place this year. Think of it as hazing.

Lastly, I have some things to say that are on the serious tip. Read them here

L'Shanah Tovah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home