Bitter Cynical Rants from One as Snarky as Waldorf and As Sexy as Statler.

Thursday, January 15, 2004

Dear Isiah,

So. I need to apologoze. I'm a strong person and can admit when I am wrong. When Jim Dolan got rid of Scott Layden, I felt thrilled for about 30 seconds, until I heard you were his replacement. I bemoaned the new situation, fearing that you were possibly the only person who would have been worse for the position than Layden. Look at your track record, you really can't blame me for my fears. And then the moves started coming - Goodbye Charlie Ward, Hello Starbury! But I was still tentative. I still worried, I wasn't thrilled with the trade even though I knew we now had some Western Conference type talent on our team. The talent was now there, but where was the heart? The Knicks of my youth were fighters, they had the heart, even though they might have been short on talent (John Starks anyone?). But I digress. Isiah, sometimes, I question your fashion sense, I feared that you would hire yourself as head coach, I generally continued to worry about the state of my Knicks. But then the buzz, Fratello is on his way. I grumbled only to find out that the rumors were false. No Czar for these New York Knicks, we have our self the Winningest Coach in NBA history (and yes, I know he's also the losingest coach in NBA history, but the mans been a coach for what, 30 years???). Regardless, you have done it. You have given the Knicks a coach who knows how to motivate these overpaid whiners. Well done, I commend you! I know you watched the game last night too! Did you see the spark, the hunger, the drive of a team no longer under the reigns of Cheney??? It was like watching a different team, one that could win some games and might even make the playoffs.

So thanks, Isiah. I just have one more request. I have gotten so used to a team that can't play a full four quarters and that falls short of greatness, that I need you to show me what its like to root for a winning team again. Help a sister out.

Thanks! And my apologies again,

Andrea Wolinetz

ps. To All my VTB readers, I apologize for my absence. Blame the entitled Medical Students for keeping me under mounds and mounds of papers, preventing me from writing in my blog and reading yours. Im back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home