Bitter Cynical Rants from One as Snarky as Waldorf and As Sexy as Statler.

Monday, January 19, 2004

same sex. different city????

OK. so I saw the tag line for the new showtime lesbian drama and I thought I understood what it was referring to. Its like a play on sex and the city, but because they're lesbians, i thought to myself, hence "same sex." very cute. except I was wrong. By same sex, all they meant that it was another show about heterosexual sex. How stupid of me to think that a show supposedly about lesbians wouldn't have 4 , count 'em 4, graphic hetero sex scenes, and only 1 1/2 sex scenes with women. I must be stupid, stupid, stupid.

Also, I must have been delirious when i presumed that a show written and directed by lesbians wouldn't portray themselves through the lens of every negative stereotype out there. I need to lay off the bottle, apparently its affecting my ability to properly think things through. shame on me for expecting more than this from a "breakthrough show." I do have to give the show credit for one thing - at least these straight-girl stalking, lesbian bed death having, needing straight men to bolster their sex life boogying weren't out of shape, wearing flannel or sporting mullets. kudos, i guess. i'll stick to melanie and lindsay on queer as folk.

In other news, tonight's one exciting night if you, like me, are a reality show junkie. The new season of American Idol (now, why I generally don't watch the whole season, the first few "audition" episodes are always quite priceless), my big fat obnoxious fiance, Average Joe, AND the Real World/Road Rules Gauntlet finale. Thank god for the DVR, so i don't have to miss one minute of this mindless drivel. dont even think about calling me after 8 this evening, unless of course its during commercials and to talk about Coral's total breakdown.

til tomorrow kiddies.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home