Bitter Cynical Rants from One as Snarky as Waldorf and As Sexy as Statler.

Monday, March 22, 2004

Countdown to the Demographic Shift:

I feel that since today is the Birthday Eve I should pontificate about my life - where I've been, where I'm going, what this next year should hold in store for me, and what mistakes I promise to never make again. After all it is a birthday, one of three times a year that we can reform ourselves, wash the slate clean and start anew (also, I can do this on Rosh Hashanah/Yom Kippur and New Year's). Its just a damned shame I'm not Catholic, because then I could just go to confession and do this everyday, but I digress. I can focus, I can reflect, I can get personal and really pour my hopes and fears out to you people. But come on that's just not my style. Instead I'd like to point out that this afternoon I may be storming 1515 Broadway as today is the last day I am eligible to sit in the audience for TRL. One must be between the ages of 18-24 to get a seat inside the studios. Of course, there's a lawsuit pending about this (isn't there always a lawsuit pending about something?). I can no longer be a contestant on the Real World, Presidential Candidates will stop courting my vote the second the clock strikes midnight. In other words, I am no longer part of the coveted young adult demographic - vh1 and 60 minutes, here I come.
[the good news, i guess, is that as long as I "look" as though im between the ages of 18 and 24 I can still be an MTV VJ]


Also, I would like to personally thank the Kentucky Wildcats and the Stanford Cardinals for losing this weekend, you have officially busted my brackets, after I snubbed Jim Boeheim's boys I guess I deserve it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home