Bitter Cynical Rants from One as Snarky as Waldorf and As Sexy as Statler.

Monday, May 17, 2004

A weekend of worst's (some expected, some not-so expected) and a few bests

The weekend began with promise, frozen margaritas and good company but then quickly made a turn for the worse the second i entered the theater to see the Mary-Kate and Ashley vehicle. While not expecting any oscar worthy films, chalk this one up to a disaster of Gigli proportions (although I never saw Gigli, I couldn't imagine a film much worse than NY Minute)... thank god the margaritas helped lubricate the situation and the movie was short enough that there were plenty of good drinking hours left after the credits started rolling

At least I thought to myself - tomorrow night I'll have culture and some seriously thought provoking entertainment as I had tickets to THIS. If you choose to listen to only one thing I say, heed this advice, stay far far away from this play. Not only was Maggie Gyllenhaals accent terrible, but this 4hour play made little sense - so much so that scores of people fled the theater after the first act and even more (myself included) after the second act. Also, note to future theater producers, if you're going to make people sit through a four hour play, i suggest you check out the theater seats to see if they can be sat in for four hours the one's in BAM's Harvey theater are barely comfortable enough for twenty minutes.

In some more uplifting news, as I was making my way back to brooklyn after lounging by my folks pool all afternoon yesterday, traffic was stopped as a family of ducks crossed the road. It was great to see cars just sit and wait and make way for ducklings. My faith in humanity might be restored.

One more thing, it seems that I'm not the only one who can't stop with things One Tree Hill related as Amy can't seem to stop listening to Gavin Degraw, even referencing the One Tree Hill theme song - although I doubt Amy even knows that this is the theme song and may even stop listening upon finding out. Sorry to break the news, but the producers of OTHill seem to have really good taste in music.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home