Bitter Cynical Rants from One as Snarky as Waldorf and As Sexy as Statler.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

When there was nothing, there was always the possibility of something, becoming what it is

Well, well, well.

Today brings with it the endless possibilities that exist and I get to enjoy this potential with food and beverage, I mean come on now, what's better than that?

The possibilities: First off, I have a lunch today with a prospective roommate. A friend of LjBs who is looking in the same neighborhood, can afford exactly what I can, and seems to be generally an all around good person. If lunch goes well the apartment search will re-commence (hopefully with better results than so far) immediately.

And then drinks/dinner. A set-up, with a woman who actually sounds pretty damned good (and amazingly, also a friend of LjBs - I mean is this girl looking out or what? Clap your hands everybody - Clap your hands and say yeah!). Although as we all know, on paper and in reality can be two very different things. So we'll see. Keep them fingers crossed.

Also some other things to note:
- Thank you Yankees for being able to actually win three in a row, you're starting to look like a baseball team, instead of my little league softball team that I played on in the 2nd grade with the same name.
- Tonight is the season finale of Amazing Race - Are Amber and Rob really going to take another Million dollars? I can't wait. Thank you DVR for allowing me to watch whenever I get home tonight.
- Last night at the restaurant I had to small dice an entire case of onions (for a black bean soup) and no matter what i do I can't seem to get the onion smell off my hands. Ive tried the lemon, the metal, and a whole lot of soap. Any suggestions? Lord knows I can't go out tonight smelling like an onion. Help a Sista out.

3 Comments:

Blogger rice-n-grass said...

oh yeah, dinner and drinks, dinnner and drinks. hootie hoo! rooting for the alternative lifestyle tendater!!!!

11:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

drink lots of water! this should do away with the onions.

11:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this one of those situation where cranberry juice would help?

Or wait -- chop garlic! The onion smell should go away.

1:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home