Bitter Cynical Rants from One as Snarky as Waldorf and As Sexy as Statler.

Wednesday, November 19, 2003

33,000 WORDS MY ASS

I was at my desk for a total of 25 minutes yesterday. I can't write 3500 words a day about the goat when I'm not in front of a computer for more than a half an hour. I am on the precipice of failing my attempts at my first NaNoWriMo contest, but not for a lack of plot or story arc. I will not make it to 33,000 words by friday, It will be all but impossible for me to make it to 50k by the 30th. This is a terrible moment in time. Please take a second to reflect.

michael jackson- just your average joe?

One of Mike's PR people was on Court TV yesterday, slinging barbs with one of their anchors. In reference to the 70 investigators on the Neverland Ranch property, the PR guy made some comment about how Michael's just another normal guy and this is not how we treat normal people. How many "normal" people do you know that own their own ranches complete with exotic pets, an amusement park and macaulay culkin as an overnight guest? It "normally" doesn't take 70 people to search through my apartment. I'm not even sure 70 people could fit in my apartment.

rebuilding a championship squad?:

does a team that made it all the way to the world series need to be "rebuilt into a championship team?" Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that Cashman and Steinbrenner are actively always trying to better the squad. (Although if we really get rid of Nick Johnson for Curt Schilling I may cry). But seriously people, are the Bombers a team that needs to be tweaked or a team that needs to be rebuilt? Gutting a team that won the pennant seems just plain silly to me.

Can't King George buy the Knicks and spend his time in the baseball off-season gutting the truly pathetic basketball players they are and rebuild them into a championship team? It's ugly over at the Garden. Truly ugly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home