Bitter Cynical Rants from One as Snarky as Waldorf and As Sexy as Statler.

Friday, October 31, 2003

HAPPY HALLOWEEN Y'ALL

So its All Hallow's Eve. I came to work in a costume. Today, I'm CASUAL FRIDAY. So Simple. So comfortable. So unseasonably warm outside, no? Which is good, because what always bothered me about Halloween was how damned cold it always was. It didn't matter how good your costume was because it was hidden under some puffy jacket, scarf and mittens your parents made you wear.

I walked into the D'agostinos near my office this morning to make a quick purchase and they had a sign in their window that said, "Sorry for the inconvenience, but this week only we will not sell eggs and shaving cream to minors. We respect our community." Someone's doing some thinking I guess. But what's Halloween without a little egg throwing? Wouldn't we prefer kids to throw eggs and cover a car in shaving cream (and get into trouble the old fashioned way) instead of beating the shit out of some kid or shooting each other or making homemade bombs to blow up their schools. I hate to rant, but seriously people. Were talking about tweens and teens, its when you're supposed to do stupid things and get in trouble. We stifle the innocent pranks(and yes I admit, it sucks to clean the egg off your car, and wipe off the shaving cream) and then wonder why kids find other ways to act out. Sheesh people, relax and let kids be kids. So what if I'm advocating a little vandalism, I'd prefer vandalism to violence any day. Just a thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home