Bitter Cynical Rants from One as Snarky as Waldorf and As Sexy as Statler.

Monday, November 03, 2003

SO IT GOES:

Some Awards:

Best Halloween Costume I saw: Gallagher. (Although Liz as Ally Sheedy from the Breakfast Club kicked ass as did the obviously male hooters girl)
Most Overused Halloween Costume: Any combination of Roy and The Tiger.
Costume in the Worst Taste: Post-Suicide Elliott Smith. (that's just not funny)
Strangest Costume: The Siamese twins babies (I alternated between feeling totally appalled and amused)

And then there was the girl who screwed up the Catholic School Girl costume. Which I have to say is pretty hard to do. I thought she was supposed to be Kelly Osbourne, Kate had her money on her being an Assistant District Attorney. We were both wrong, and that says more about this chick's ability to wear the appropriate clothing for her costume than it does about the rest of us.

Also, being Meryl Streep's character from the Hours is just plain weird. Why is that a costume? I wonder sometimes how people decide who they want to dress up as. Was Meryl Streep's character particularly memorable and/or specifically costumed?

Run Diddy Run.

Watched the marathon yesterday. As they ran two blocks away from my house I was able to walk over and cheer people on. Sadly, I knew noone personally because my friends don't run 26 feet at a time, let alone 26 miles, but still you have to cheer on anyone who's got the motivation to train and run the marathon. I love that Puffy had a security guard on a bicycle and that there were tons of people who had shirts that said "I beat Diddy" or other such variations. Make fun of the man, especially with the mohawk he was sporting yesterday, but his ass ran, mine just watched, and he ran for a really great cause. kudos diddy.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home