Bitter Cynical Rants from One as Snarky as Waldorf and As Sexy as Statler.

Thursday, January 22, 2004

Dear Bruce C. Ratner, President and CEO, Forest City Enterprises:

Brucie, its been a while since we last talked, but I needed to drop you a note. First of all congratulations on buying those scrappy New Jersey Nets. $300 mill for an Eastern Conference team seems like a lot to me, but hey, its always been a personal dream to own a basketball team, so I might've shelled out the bucks if I had it too. Also, you beat a Senator in a bid war, that's got to make you feel good. So, lets talk a minute about your decision to try your damnedest to turn those New Jersey Nets into the Brooklyn Nets. As you well know, I've been a Knicks fan since birth. And I'm sure you can recall the night you came to look at the Atlantic Center and we had dinner together at Mamma Duke's I gave you a tour of my apartment, not even a stone's throw from where you want to build the stadium. So here's my dilemma Bruce, I agree that Brooklyn needs a team, and since it looks like the Dodgers are never coming back, then why not try a different sport. But basketball?? And the Nets??? Jason Kidd doesn't belong in Brooklyn, and two of Brooklyn's own are part of the Knicks. You know how much I love the borough in which I live, don't put me in a position where I'd have to root against my home borough team, that's just not right.
I've got a better idea, what do you think about, keeping the Nets over there across the river at Brendan Byrne, I mean Continental Airlines Arena, trading ownership with Woody Johnson and then moving the Jets to Brooklyn, just think of it as a change in letter... I'm sure that Frank Gehry would be more than happy to design a football stadium. Or use the plans that Woody has for his dumbass idea to move the jets to the westside of Manhattan.
We've known each other for a long time Bruce, just take a minute, think about what I've said. Brooklyn Jets sounds so nice to the ear.

Best,

Andrea E. Wolinetz a.ka. Angie Baby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home