Bitter Cynical Rants from One as Snarky as Waldorf and As Sexy as Statler.

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

TO: Harvey and Bob Weinstein, crazy mofos and heads of Miramax
CC: Kevin Smith
RE: JERSEY GIRL TRAILER


Dear Harvey and Bob,

So I have now seen the trailer for the upcoming Kevin Smith film Jersey Girl (Snootchie Bootchies!). I must say, kudos, I was so confused by the lack of one Ms. Jennifer Lopez, that I had actually thought that the movie was recast and reshot without her. I know the whole Miramax family was concerned about the Bennifer backlash, so when I watched the 30 second snippet, I was convinced you had her axed from the project. Alas, it was just some good marketing done by your crack team of PR people, and I say kudos to that.

I just have one request, if you really want people to go see this movie, you may also want to consider removing Ben Affleck from the trailer as well. Does anyone really believe that this guy is a) a good actor and b) a bankable leading man? The true problem with Bennifer, was both BEN and JEN, not just Jen's overexposure. I'll take Karen Sisco over Chuckie Sullivan anyday.

Sincerely yours,

The Voices from the Balcony PR Team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home