Bitter Cynical Rants from One as Snarky as Waldorf and As Sexy as Statler.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Funny how your feet in dreams never touch the earth

So I'm sure you're all here wondering how my date was last night. Well, let's just say it wasn't. In the continuing fashion of the universe toying with my emotions like I'm a Duncan Yo-Yo, three hours before I was supposed to sign my lease (Sunday's signing had to be postponed), my future ex-roommate called to tell me that the check she had deposited into her account wasn't going to clear until June 4th and decided that it was too much money anyway and she wasn't going to sign the lease. Seriously people, who does something like this? 7 days before I have to be out of my apartment? Three Hours before lease signing? 3000 dollars worth of cashier's checks in my back pocket? SO not cool.

But I digress. The point is that I had to cancel on the Officer last night because I had to resume the apartment search ASAP. The good news? The broker that we were working with, in a feat of glory, lined up 4 studios for me to look at, all on great blocks, all within earshot of what I can affford. So - I found the most Fabulous apartment, was able to negotiate the rent down, was approved, and am signing the lease on Saturday. And i'll be continuing to live alone so I don't have to deal with the utter flakiness and dishonesty of other people who in 2005 just continue to disappoint me.

Hence, no date. BUT apartment disaster diverted. phew.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh god, now people are flaky in New York? NYC was like the last bastion of accountability!

Seriously, I can't stand noncommital bullshit. Rockandroll with your new apartment.

10:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home