Bitter Cynical Rants from One as Snarky as Waldorf and As Sexy as Statler.

Thursday, October 02, 2003

Some new things to report. First of all, it being Thursday and my slowest day of the week, I am perturbed by the people at Turner Broadcasting. My Brother who works for this conglomerate corporation has no access to his internet and instant messenger today. For those that know nothing about Turner, they're owned by AOL. If they can't get their shit together to have their networks up and running, we're all in a lot of trouble. Me especially, because now I have to make it through my day alone. How sad. Very sad indeed.

And I hate to do it again, but I need to rant a little about rush hour subway etiquette. Or subway etiquette in general. I feel that these are some common courtesy rules. I always thought common in that phrase referred to universal and accessible. Apparently I was wrong about the universal part.

Rule 1:Wait until people get off before you get on. This works out in everyone's favor. You see, there will actually be room for you on the train if people can depart at the stop they are supposed to, and its hard enough to push your way out without you frigging morons pushing your way in. These are simple rules of physics people, I have to use more force against something applying force on me. So get out the way.

Rule 2: When waiting for your train's doors to open and you see people waiting to the direct left and right to the doors, they are doing so to put rule 1 in effect. You my friend in the navy pinstripe suit are not so important that you can walk over and stand directly in front of the door, not only blocking exit access for people spilling out of the car, but also punishing those that know these rules by having them get on the train after you.

Rule 3: Once on the train, turn the headphones down Cappy. I don't want to hear your music. I especially don't want to hear your music over the music playing in my headphones. They call them personal cd/mp3 players for a reason. If I wanted to listen to whatever music you've selected for your commute, I'd come see you spin at whatever hip underground club you dj for.

Rule 4: Thank you very much for apologizing for stepping on my foot, falling into my lap, elbowing me in the abdomen, or whatever other bruise you've left on my body after mauling me because you think you have better balance than the rest of us and are to cool to hold on to a railing. Hold on buddy, I don't like getting hurt and you don't like looking stupid. They call commuters straphangers for a reason. The subway may not have straps anymore, but those big metal poles everywhere serve the same purpose. Go ahead, give 'em a whirl. I dare you.

And just to prove that I can do more than complain... Thanks to muppet and that guy I keep referring to as my brother, I had the pleasure of seeing a kickass performance by Amy and Emily last night. It might have been a little chilly, but they were as dynamic as always. Cheers girls, thanks again for making my evening, I never leave a show disappointed. Y'all Rawk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home