Bitter Cynical Rants from One as Snarky as Waldorf and As Sexy as Statler.

Monday, November 24, 2003

Today is the first in a series of interviews with Andrea as promised. Our first guest interviewer hails from Kalamazoo, Michigan. Amy Levine gives her life meaning depending upon who you are and where you're standing at a particular moment. This way, she can define herself in relation to you. Enjoy and don't forget to check out where Amy normally lays her hat and hand

If you were a contestant on Jeopardy!, what would be your five dream
categories? (Yes, the question's from a Douglas Coupland book. So what?)
Hmmm...Tough one, but if I answer without shame they'd probably be -Pop Music Since 1995, the Real World (seasons 1- 10), Life after Getting a Masters in Philosophy, New York City Restaurants, and Teensploitation Films and TV Shows. What a sad state of affairs.

If life were a hockey game, would you be on the scoring line or the checking
line?
I'd like to think I'd be on the scoring line, but with my height and build I'm much better at checking - Also slamming someone into the boards seems downright fun. Who am I kidding, I'm a goalie, always have been. Always will be.

Why do you keep a blog?
Finally a simple question. Because I'm totally self-absorbed.

Of the following people with icon status, who do you like best and why? John
Lennon, Elvis Presley, Brian Wilson.
Brian Wilson. The Elvis obsession thing always frightened me a little bit and the whole fat Elvis in a polyester jump suit is not deserving of much. Lennon was nothing without McCartney. On the other hand Brian Wilson was a big old mess and still wrote Pet Sounds. Top that, I dare you.

How do you prepare your favorite sandwich?
Ahh I miss the day when I ate bread. But if I were to prepare my favorite sandwich for you this is how I'd do it. Take a Sub roll, slice in half, put mayo on and cole slaw one side, Russian dressing on the other. Take a healthy mound of the rarest roast beef you can find and pile it onto the cole slaw side. Add a few slices of swiss cheese, tomato and sprouts. Place Russian dressing side of the roll on top, cut in half. Garnish with some Cape Cod Salt and Vinegar potato chips and serve with a tall glass of Iced Tea. Ok, excuse me I have to go get some breakfast.

Bruce Springsteen: Rock and roll genius or overrated loser with a guitar?
Aren't most Rock and Roll stars overrated losers? I mean C'mon, normal people don't have to write lyrics to a melody to communicate with the world around them. Put Springsteen or any other songwriter in therapy, I promise you, no more albums from any of them. But to answer: The Boss, genius before Tunnel of Love, after that, well overrated loser.

What's the greatest place in the whole world? (And I swear, if you say
Disney World, I will beat you with a skillet. Not literally, of course, but
in my mind, your head will be ringing!)
There's this small little town named Eze on the top of a mountain about 30 miles from Nice. To get to the town, one must traverse a winding path up the side of a mountain that takes about an hour and a half (or you could be lazy and take the bus). The path is said to have been Nietzsche's inspiration for "Thus Spoke Zarathustra." While the path itself is wonderful, upon reaching this little town of Eze, one discovers that the town itself is actually a medieval village perched like an eagle's nest on a narrow rocky peak overlooking the Mediterranean sea. The ancient fortified village is still crowned with the ruins of its 12th-century fortified castle. There are these beautiful gardens that I surreptitiously stole a view from (who pays to look at a garden?). But charging for a garden aside this little provincial town has my vote for favorite place in the world. Oh and Donuts on the corner of Route 45 and Eckerson Road in Spring Valley. We used to get Hobos there when we were cutting school for a buck - homefries, eggs, cheese and sausage on a roll... heaven really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home