Bitter Cynical Rants from One as Snarky as Waldorf and As Sexy as Statler.

Tuesday, October 07, 2003

LIONS AND TIGERS AND BEARS OH MY

First of all, best wishes for a speedy recovery to Roy Horn of Siegfried and Roy, mauled by a tiger on his 59th birthday. Read the updates on his condition here. I've always loved the story of Siegfried and Roy. Its a tale that teaches us that there's someone out there for everyone. Two Gay men meet on a cruise, find that they both love working with tigers and make a life together. Feel Better Roy.

Lets talk Baseball for a second. Both the Cubbies and the Red Sox make it in to their respective championship series. I suspect that within the next few weeks the four horsemen of the apocalypse will be riding down Broadway. Go Cubbies. Can't say I feel the same about the Red Sox. Although a Cubs/Red Sox World Series could be a nice thing to give fans after the ridiculous striking you overpaid players have done and threatened to do in the past 10 years. But in my heart of hearts, its gotta be Yankee time... So lets go Bombers, do what you do best, destroy the hopes of a city that only knows agony. If nothing else, do it because that's what "evil empires" do.

And I must say thank you to Michael Stipe. You and the rest of the REM boys put on a kickass show at the garden on Saturday night. World Leader Pretend, Gardening at Night, Fall on Me... See the rest of the setlist... Although, Mike, one question, why Sparklehorse as an opener? Every other damned date on this tour had Pete Yorn. I could have used a little music for the morning after. But noooo, we had to have these putzes. Not nice. Oh and what was up with the blue shit on your eyes? I know you're a little bit of a freak, and its why I love you, but it was like a bono or Scott Weiland thing to do. Not that I'm complaining, I got to watch you play the guitar and cover Interpol's NYC. Who knew you played the guitar? Not me. Nor did Randy, who's the biggest REM fan I know. Hip Hip! It was brilliant!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home