Bitter Cynical Rants from One as Snarky as Waldorf and As Sexy as Statler.

Tuesday, February 17, 2004

cupid has it out for me:

I could go on and on about the Yankees and a-rod and the new rumor floating around that by the end of the week we could have Greg Maddox in pinstripes too, but I won't because everyone's talking about that.

Instead, I would like to ask you all why Valentine's day has become a deadly holiday for me. I need to explain, unlike most women I know, I don't particularly care one way or the other about Valentines day. (except it REALLY peeves me when people call it Valentime's day). In the year's that I was single, I didn't curse Cupid or couples and I might have worn black, but that's because I always wear black. (for me, black will always be the new black, but I digress). In the years that I have been paired, I've never dreamt of being swept away to someplace tropical, four dozen roses waiting for me on my desk at work, or any such nonsense.

But somewhere, somehow this holiday (or whatever you want to call it) has it out for me. Five years ago, I was lying on the floor all day, deeply drugged on percosets, with serious back spasms. Last year I was in the emergency room, getting x-rays due to slipping on some ice and getting a high-ankle sprain. And this year, vomiting. The whole day, due to food poisoning.

In other words, I give up. We had nothing special planned. Just a nice dinner out, a chance to appreciate each other in the midst of some serious hecticness in both of our lives. Instead, I made it to the couch, and could barely stomach water and tea.

I wonder when this madness will end...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home