Bitter Cynical Rants from One as Snarky as Waldorf and As Sexy as Statler.

Monday, February 09, 2004

outdated, yes, but this is ridiculous.

for those of you who dont know, i used to work here and also here. Once, because my boss didn't want to do it, I got to fill out his grammy ballot. So, even though i know that the Grammy's have zilch to do with the actual talent/pulse of the artist/industry, i had to at least give it a shot last night. So after making myself comfortable, and watching another painful episode of Sex and the City, I switched channels. Lucky me, it was just in time for the Best Female Vocal award. And you guessed it - none other than June Carter Cash who won for Keep on the Sunny Side. Now I'm sorry, but wasn't this song originally released by the Carters in like 1927 or some shit like that? I mean I know that June passed away this year as did hubby Johnny, but come on people. really.

Promptly, I turned the grammys right back off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home