Bitter Cynical Rants from One as Snarky as Waldorf and As Sexy as Statler.

Friday, October 17, 2003

COWBOY UP is DOWN AND OUT, ITS TIME TO SWISH THE FISH

"In the 100-year history of Boston-New York American League competition, this was undoubtedly the single greatest collection of ball games. "

Thank you Bob Ryan, you speak the truth. The Red Sox put up a tremendous fight. There was some good baseball and some great managing. It was the difference of one swing of a bat, and was a nail biter of a game down to the end. Seriously, I have no nails left after biting them all off. On a side note, I once had the pleasure of serving Mariano Rivera a beer (an Amstel Light for those that care about such details). Mo, my man, you are simply fabulous! And Aaron, I apologize for all the times I said you were a mediocre batter who only looked good when hitting in a mediocre park.

And tell me, don't you think that Joe Torre's face needs to be carved into the side of a mountain? Not because of his tremendous managing abilities (the likes of which we definitely saw last night), but really just because of his features. He looks like God took the day off and let Al Hirschfeld mold him. Sometimes, when they show Torre and Zim and Stottlemyre on the Bench I swear I can see the word Nina underneath his left ear. Look for it, its there. Why would I make something like this up?

And remember when Tom Hanks scowled "There's no crying in baseball." Apparently, there's a lot of crying in baseball.

Another thing, what the hell has ESPN done to Linda Cohn? I turned on Sportscenter the other night and Linda was sporting some new hairdo and a tight shirt, it also looked like she was wearing way more make-up than she normally does. There's something troubling here, but I'm not quite sure what it is.

Oh wait, I'm not done yet. I need something explained to me. Or actually two things:

1. Cuba Gooding Jr.'s career decisions. How does one go from such movies like Boyz in the Hood and A Few Good Men, to such fine high quality auteur filmmaking like Snow Dogs, The Fighting Temptations and Radio????

2. Halle Berry and Matt Damon following in Cuba's Footsteps. See this and this for examples of "are-we-trying-to-toss-our-careers-down-the-drain-on-purpose?" headscratchers. I feel as though both are one step away from starring in a movie with The Rock, Seann William Scott, or *gasp* both. Lord, help us all.

Vaio Con Dios. Ah Salaam Aleichem. Godspeed. Watch Your Crossings.

I'll see you on Monday, Same Bat time, Same Bat Blog.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home