Bitter Cynical Rants from One as Snarky as Waldorf and As Sexy as Statler.

Friday, October 10, 2003

SO LET"S TALK CONCERT

I hate to do it. I know that you love the band you are going to see. But "don't be that guy." Don't wear the shirt of the band you are going to see. I offhandedly made this comment last night, and I was rebuked for the fact that every time I go to a sporting event, I wear a jersey. Nice try, but there is a difference. If for example, these guys were in a battle of the bands with these guys, then be my guest wear this shirt. BUT we're all rooting for the same band here, we know that you like the band, otherwise you wouldn't have paid your $45 and you extra $9.50 in surcharges. you would have stayed home. although, to the guy who was walking out of the garden in front of me in a shirt proudly displaying this guy. i have one word for you, "whatthehellareyoudoingataradioheadshow?"

oh and to the guy we think is a go-go dancer who was in the row in front of us last night. I must say, I am amazed at your total lack of self-consciousness. Most people would be embarrassed about spending 2/3 of the show on their cell phone, but you, you had no problem with it. In fact, you stood up the entire time to prove just how unaware of the people around you you were. I'm also glad you took so many pictures with your digital camera so you could maybe remember a show you paid no attention to while it happened. there was a minor debate going on as to whether you were giving advice to joe torre or to phil selway. although selway's an unbelievable drummer and torre certainly knows how to manage them yanks. stay off your phones people. please.

thanks to the boys for putting on a solid show. i could have used a little more of the old stuff, but the new stuff sounded friggin great and i totally appreciated "my iron lung", your choice of "2+2=5" as an opener, the cheekiness of "you and whose army," thom's incredible solo performance of "true love waits" and the all around fabulousness that is "karma police" live. but i would have really liked to hear exit music. i love that friggin song. guess, i'll just have to go see them again.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home