Bitter Cynical Rants from One as Snarky as Waldorf and As Sexy as Statler.

Monday, October 13, 2003

PEDRO, ZIM AND KARIM OH MY!

Boys, boys, boys. I sat down on Saturday afternoon to watch some good baseball at my neighborhood pub. What I got was a whole lot of trash. Pedro, you smarmy piece of garbage. Beam a player after getting lit up. Go Ahead, I understand the frustration, but don't go for his head. And seriously, is it necessary to then point to my man Jorge and threaten to hit him in the head next? How old are we? I know little leaguers who have more self control than you.

And yes, Zim, the 72 year old man that he is shouldn't have charged at you. Are we surprised by more men who get paid a whole lot of money to play ball and play with their balls are acting like children? I'm certainly not. But Pedro, you could have stepped out of the way, Don Zimmer is a big old guy, his inertia would have kept him moving forward and he would have fallen to the ground all on his own. You certainly didn't need to grab him by the head and throw him to the ground. I was expecting 2 ejections. I got none.

Manny, you're a pansy assed overpaid cry baby. Look, I make no claims about how much of a saint Roger Clemens is. In fact, I think the man's a goon and hope that my Yankees can win without him doing well, but the man threw a high fastball, had it been a little bit lower it would have been a strike. In other words, it was no where near you, and a poor excuse to charge the mound. I hope it was worth it.

And, Mr. Garcia, I feel your pain. No one likes to be thrown at. You got your revenge the way baseball players do. You slid hard into Todd walker. Although, Todd Walker is not much of a second baseman and really has a hard time turning double plays anyway, you got your point across. I'm not entirely sure why you felt the need to hop over the fence into the bullpen and beat the shit out of a Fenway Groundskeeper. Its a bullpen, not a playpen. Don't get me wrong, after 2 years of living in RedSox nation, I hate their fans as much as the next guy, but they have a right to wave a rally hankey and root for their team. They're even allowed to talk trash if they want to.

I would like to remind you all that its just a game. I know that you get paid a whole lot to play it, but baseball even at the major league level is still just a game. I suggest in Game 4 you try playing it instead of acting like infants. I respect the rivalry, I know that some serious pride is on the line. So play for it, instead of this machismo garbage. Leave the buffonery to the drunkass fans everywhere. Lord knows there are enough asshole Yankee and Red Sox fans everywhere to pick up the baton and beat the shit out of each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home